1. Release Notes 10.5.17 - 16/01/2019
2. Who can I contact for more information?
3. My SWIM account displays "no grant agreements are related to your personal account"
Please refer to the section 4.4. "Managing editors" of the SWIM Manual.
In case e.g. the editor left the company or you don't remember anymore the account credentials used to submit the application then please send a formal request to the operational unit of the call putting EMPL-SWIM-SUPPORT@ec.europa.eu in copy.
Important: please include the grant reference number "VS/201X/XXX" and the email address of the person who needs access. As soon as the operational unit gives the authorization, we will send an invitation mail to the provided address to become an editor of the grant.
4. I need to access the Grant Agreement in SWIM. How can I do it?
Scenario n. 1: the person who was in charge of the grant doesn't work anymore (or just temporarily) for the company;
Scenario n. 2: the corporation email has changed.
Scenario n. 3: forgotten login credentials.
Procedure: Please send an email to the Call Team (email address can be found in the grant agreement) asking to get the authorization to access your grant. Do not forget to indicate your VS reference number and to put EMPL-SWIM-SUPPORT@ec.europa.eu in copy of the mail.
5. What to do in case I forgot my password?
NOTE: In 2016 the new authentication method based on EU Login has been introduced. The 'old' method based on VP/20xx/xxx/xxxx number is no longer available.
6. How can I change the personal data related to my EU Login account?
7. When I click on the link "See validations errors ", why don't I see the errors?
Normally, clicking on the link "See validations errors" will open an additional pop-up page showing all error messages and which fields they are related to. However, it might not get displayed if you have a pop-up blocker installed in your browser. In that case:
8. Why can't I submit my application?
You may submit the electronic application only when it is valid (i.e. there are no validation errors)
Once the electronic application is submitted in SWIM, you may generate a printable version (PDF) for the paper submission via post.
9. How can I print the whole application form?
Click on the menu option "Generate a printable version (PDF)". A PDF file will be generated and opened.
NOTE: As long as the application has not been submitted, the PDF document would show NOT VALID watermark on each page
10. How can I delete unrequired empty lines in the application form?
11. Why does the system not accept the amount entered?
- do not use space as thousand separator: enter 100000, not 100 000 (when saved, the value will be displayed as 100 000)
- use a dot (.), not a comma (,) as decimal separator: enter 4563.21, not 4563,21 (when saved, the value will be displayed as 4 563.21)
- do not enter any currency indicator (€, EUR, euro, etc.). All amounts are expected to be entered in euro.
- it is not possible to enter negative values (though some fields calculated by the system can contain a negative value).
12. Where can I find my application reference?
- YYYY is the 4-digit year indication
- CCC is the 3-digit call number
- #### is a 4-digit sequential number.
You can find this reference in the e-mail message containing your password. You have received this e-mail message when created your application and/or if you have asked a new password. You can also find this reference on the first page of the grant application form.
13. Where can I find the official text for a Call for Proposals?
14. How can I retrieve information retained in an unsubmitted application?
15. How to read the PDF documents?
16. Why is the printed version of my application watermarked "Invalid"?
17. Why can't I create a new amendment request?
• There should be no previous amendment request that has not yet been submitted.
• There should be no previous amendment request for which the revision has not been finalized (accepted or rejected).
• The action closing date must be more than one month in the future OR the Commission has allowed the late introduction of an amendment request.
18. When I open my application I get error "The state of the publication couldn't be retrieved..."
19. Is it possible to submit 2 applications for the same call using the same account?
20. Where can I find the templates of the documents in the SWIM form?
21. Why the template for the final financial statement isn't available for my grant agreement?
22. How can I amend the information of the beneficiary/coordinator?
23. How do I submit annual reports?
24. Why the Final Financial Statement doesn't include the pre-financing data?