To see the Enforcement fiche for Ireland click here.
Available language(s) : EN
Consumer Protection Bill 2007

Section 71(2) and 74(2) (2) Any person, including the Agency or any other public body that is prescribed for the purposes of this subsection, may apply to the Circuit Court or High Court for an order prohibiting a trader or person from committing or engaging in a prohibited act or practice. (2) A consumer who is aggrieved by a prohibited act or practice shall have a right of action for relief by way of damages, including exemplary damages, against the following: (a) any trader who commits or engages in the prohibited act or practice; (b) if such trader is a body corporate, any director, manager, secretary or other officer of the trader, or a person who purported to act in any such capacity, who authorised or consented to the doing of the act or the engaging in of the practice.