|Directive article||National ID||ref. code: P/0246/03/2011|
|Common name||Decision type||Administrative decision, first degree|
|Court||Slovenská obchodná inšpekcia, Prievidza||Plaintiff(s)|
|Court translation||Slovak Trade Inspection, Prievidza||Defendant(s)||JIMI Textil, s.r.o.|
|Subject||terms & conditions|
|Keywords||administrative authority, false information, internet, misleading statements, product characteristics, transactional decision|
+ Expand all
(1) The omission to mention the name and seat of a competent supervising entity on a trader's website, constitutes a misleading commercial practice.
(2) Giving false information on the main characterises of goods constitutes a misleading commercial practice.
The Slovak Trade Inspection established that the information on the name and seat of the competent authority for control on the defendant, a textile industry company, was missing on the website of the defendant.
In addition, it was proven that the purchase terms and conditions contained false information on the main characteristics of the goods sold.
(1) Does the omission to mention the name and seat of a competent supervising entity on a trader's website, constitute a misleading commercial practice?
(2) Does giving false information on the main characterises of goods constitute a misleading commercial practice?
(1) The administrative body decided that the consumer must be informed on the identity and details of the authority competent to supervise a trader. As a result, absence of such information may be misleading for a consumer, the Slovak Trade Inspection held. The defendant was subsequently held to have breached the rules on unfair commercial practices.
(2) The administrative body further decided, in application of the rules of the UCP Directive, that providing false information which is essential information for a consumer to be able to take an informed transactional decision, constitutes an unfair commercial practice.
|URL Decision||Decision full text|
The administrative body imposed a fine in the amount of 400 Eur upon the defendant.
|There is no events for this case.|
|National ID||Common Name||Subject||Country||Link type|
|There is no related cases for this case.|
|There is no Legal Literature for this case.|