The Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission of the UNESCO in collaboration with the Ocean Decade Communications Advisory Group, the EU4Ocean Coalition and the Youth4Ocean Forum hosted a side event
Science Communication and Blue Storytelling – A training workshop for young people
at the next United Nations OCEAN Conference Scaling up ocean action based on science and innovation for the implementation of Goal 14: stocktaking, partnerships and solutions in Lisbon Portugal.
The workshop was held on
28th June 2022, from 10:00 to 13:00
the Ciência Viva library, at the Pavilhão do Conhecimento
This workshop was an opportunity for young people to develop their skills in science communication and story-telling about the ocean.
This workshop was open to members of the Youth4Ocean Forum, Young Ocean Advocates, Early Career Ocean Professionals and other young people aged from 18 to 30 y.o.
The workshop was limited to a maximum of 30 participants and a selection process followed the registration.
Learning outcomes of the workshop
By participating in the workshops, attendees had the chance to:
• To familiarize with the objectives and actions of the EU4Ocean Coalition and the Youth4Ocean Forum;
• To learn how to scale up their efforts in the framework of the United Nations Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development;
• To learn about designing successful ocean campaigns;
• To understand the diversity of communication tools and how they are applicable to science communication;
• To learn about storytelling and how to amplify the reach of their messages.
Not a member of the Youth4Ocean Forum yet? You can register here