Published on: Wed, 18/08/2021 - 10:46
Farming fin fish, shellfish and aquatic plants is one of the world's fastest growing food sectors. It already provides the planet with about half of all the fish we eat. Let students discover the different types of aquaculture in an interactive way.
Examples of questions:
- Which map do you need to find mussels cultivations?
- Where is the nearest mussel cultivation located? At which distance?
- Where do you find the nearest fin fish cultivation? Measure the distances with the measurement tool.
- Where do you find most fin fish cultivation?
- Where do you find most shellfish cultivation?
- Which map do you have to add to find the algae production sites?
Watch the Euronews video below to learn how European producers are making pollution-free aquaculture a successful business.
- In which country is Kush Seafarms located? Can you show some mussel farms in this country on the above map?
What do mussels grow on?
- What are the characteristics of organic aquaculture?
- In which country is Lillafüred Trout Plant located? Can you show where this country is located using the map layer ‘Countries’?
To navigate further - additional material for teachers: