Audit Roles can be only managed when your organisation has ongoing or past audits. If it is not the case, you will not able to assign the audit roles, you will not see them in the list of roles when adding a new role.
When assigning an audit role, you need to assign the role to the person and the person to a team, and as second step, assign the audit to the same team (see how to assign audits to a team)
There are two types of roles for Audits:
- Organisation level roles, which manage all administrative parts in portal. For instance, they manage the audit teams (creation, assignment of audits to the team, etc) as well as being in charge of nominating other audit roles for the organisation.
- the primary audit contact for audited organisations and
- the primary external auditor and external auditor administrator for audit firms.
These roles are not assigned to an audit team, because they are granted at organisation level, instead of at audit level.
- Audit level roles, which grant access to the AMS (Audit Management System) in order to carry out the audit tasks. Persons granted these roles have to be assigned to the respective audit team in order to have access to the audit.
- the assigned audit contact for the audited organisations and
- the external auditor, external audit team member, and the external audit firm local auditor for audit firms.
For external audit firms only
If you are an external audit firm, see AUDIT Firm Roles
Assign an audit role and a team to a person
For Audited organisations, the LEAR will be assigned the first primary audit contact role. This role can manage the audit team, and may assign other audit roles for their organisation. If this is your first audit, a "Default" team has been created for you.
The Primary Audit Contact accesses their organisation roles under My organisations / Actions / View Roles, and clicks on the Teams tab.
Rename the team or add roles to an audit team by selecting Actions.
Use Add a new team to create a new team.
To display the current members of a team click on the arrow on the right.
To add new audit contacts to a team, the Primary Audit Contact can do either of the following actions:
- Go to the Teams tab ( My organisations / Actions / View Roles), select Actions/add role for one of the teams. The audit contact role will be granted for that specific team.
- Go to the Roles tab ( My organisations / Actions / View Roles), click on Edit Organisation Roles and then on Add roles. It is possible to assign other primary audit contacts or audit contact roles in this way. When assigning audit contacts, you will need to specify the team, which you can select from the drop-down list. It is also possible from this screen to add a new team by choosing +Add New Team.
Assign an audit to a team
Once the roles are assigned, the Primary Audit Contact needs to assign the audit to the team by going to My Audits. If the audits are currently assigned to a team, the name will be displayed in the corresponding column. An unassigned audit can be selected and assigned to a team from the drop-down list and clicking on Assign a team to the selected audits. It is possible to select and assign several audits to one team at a time.
Additionally, Audit Contacts can nominate other Audit Contacts, but only for the teams they are members of, in either of the following ways:
- Via My organisations / Actions / View Roles : once in the Roles tab, click edit organisations roles, then click on Add Roles.
If you are assigned to more than one team, you will be able to choose the team.
If you are assigned to only one team the new Audit Contact will be automatically added to your only team.
Note that you do not have the possibility to create a new team, only the Primary Audit Contacts can do this.
- Via My organisations / Actions / View Roles : once in the Teams tab, click on Actions/Add Roles for the relevant team, and enter the details of the Audit Contact.
It is not possible to modify the team when adding a role via the Teams tab (the team is greyed out).
The Actions button for a team will only be available to anyone that is a member of that team.