Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Agenda

WebEx Connection details:

  • Thursday
  • Friday
Join by phone
+32-262-00867 Belgium Toll
+352-2730-0072 Luxembourg Toll
Global call-in numbers

Thursday, 8 July

Time 

Agenda item 

Doc(s) 

14:00  14:05  

Welcome and approval of the agenda 


14:05  14:10 

Minutes of the previous meeting (for discussion and agreement) 

DOC Minutes - 65th MIG-T meeting, 2021-04-15+16

14:10 – 15:10

MIWP 2021-2024 Actions

  • 1.1 Towards a digital ecosystem for the environment and sustainability (JRC, 10')
  • 2.1 Need driven data prioritisation (EEA, 10')
  • 2.2 Roadmap for priority-driven implementation (ENV, 20')
    • Debriefing from the MIG meeting
  • 2.3 Simplification of INSPIRE Implementation

PRES Action 1.1

PRES Action 2.1

PRES Action 2.2

PRES Action 2.3.2

15:10 15:40Coffee Break
15:40 - 16:40

MIWP 2021-2024 Actions (continued)

  • 2.3 Simplification of INSPIRE Implementation
    • 2.3.1 Governance of INSPIRE Artefacts (JRC, 15')

Discussion and voting on change proposals of INSPIRE artefacts

PRES Action 2.3.1

DOC Change proposals for discussion

16:40 - 17:10

GeoPackage as INSPIRE data encoding (EEA, DK)

PRES GeoPackage
17:10 - 17:20Updates from ISO/TC 211PRES ISO/TC 211 updates

Friday, 9 July

Time 

Agenda item 

Doc(s) 

10:00 – 10:30

Open Maps for Europe (Nathalie Delattre, EuroGeographics)

PRES Open Maps for Europe

10:30 - 11:00

Updates on central INSPIRE components 1/2 (JRC)

  • Geoportal (30')
    • State-of-play (JRC)
    • Redesigned backend (GeoCat)
    • New frontend for HVD (JRC)
11:00 - 11:20Coffee break
11:20 - 11:25Survey & discussion on MIG-T meetings format
11:25 - 11:45

Updates on central INSPIRE components 2/2 (JRC)

  • Validator (15')
    • New release and tests
      • Annex II/III Data Specifications
      • OGC API - Features
    • New UI
  • Re3gistry and INSPIRE Registry (5')
    • Deployment of ver. 2 for INSPIRE
    • IACS codelists
    • DIGITAL Common Services Platform

11:45 - 12:10

Update on Commission initiatives 

  • GreenData4All & High-value datasets (ENV)
  • Development of pan-European reference data sets (ESTAT)
  • INSPIRE Virtual conference 2021 (JRC)
  • GAIA-X workshop (ENV, JRC, BKG)
  • IACS data sharing clinic (JRC)


PRES GreenData4All

Proposed changes to COM Regulation 1089/2010 

PRES Pan-European data sets

PRES IACS Clinic

12:10 – 12:20

Wrap up of the meeting

Draft Minutes

The minutes summarise the main conclusions and actions from the meeting. Actions are indicated in the minutes using check boxes and are tracked in the "Actions" section below.

The meeting was chaired by JRC (Alexander Kotsev) and attended by experts from AT, BE, BG, DE, CY, DK, EL, ES, FI, FR, HR,  IT, LU, MT, NL, NO, PL, PT, RO, SE, SI, European Commission (ENV, JRC, ESTAT), and the EEA.

Thursday, 8 July

Agenda item 

Notes/Actions

Welcome and approval of the agenda 

  • The agenda was approved without modifications.

Minutes of the previous meeting (for discussion and agreement)

  • The minutes of the previous meeting were approved without additional change proposals. Some open actions for MIG-T members are still open and relevant.

MIWP 2021-2024 Actions

  • 1.1 Towards a digital ecosystem for the environment and sustainability
  • 2.1 Need driven data prioritisation 
  • 2.2 Roadmap for priority-driven implementation 
    • Debriefing from the MIG meeting
  • 2.3 Simplification of INSPIRE Implementation
    • 2.3.2 Simplification of data-service linking 


  • The JRC, ENV and EEA presented the current status of actions and future planned work.


  • Within the context of Action 2.2, ENV to share the summary of the mini-workshops, held during the 13th MIG meeting with the MIG-T members.
Coffee Break

MIWP 2021-2024 Actions (continued)

  • 2.3 Simplification of INSPIRE Implementation
    • 2.3.1 Governance of INSPIRE Artefacts 

Discussion and voting on change proposals of INSPIRE artefacts

  • Overview of change proposals for INSPIRE Schemas and Technical Guidelines (Helpdesk facilitators)
  • Discussion and approval with sli.do
    • Change proposals on TGs
    • Change proposals on Schemas
  • Updates to the GitHub repositories for schemas and TGs are presented and the governance process is summarised.
  • The change proposals for schemas and for TGs subject to scrutiny by the MIG-T (selected by the sub-group of Action 2.3.1 during the meeting on 1/7/2021) were presented by the helpdesk facilitators.
  • After the discussion, MIG-T members (one per country) voted on the proposals using sli.do. All proposals were accepted with no objections (see the results of the slido poll).
  • Change proposals will now be assessed by the MIG, which is the next actor in accordance with the new governance process. The two-week scrutiny period for the MIG started on July 12 and will run until July 26, 2021.
  • MS are encouraged to nominate additional members for Action 2.3.1 on the 'Governance of INSPIRE artefacts'.

GeoPackage as INSPIRE data encoding (EEA, DK)

  • The status of GeoPackage as an INSPIRE data encoding was presented by the EEA (with additional input from DK and NL).
Updates from ISO/TC 211
  • Updates from ISO/TC211 were presented by DK. The activities of the TC are, similar to INSPIRE, being migrated to GitHub. MIG-T members are encouraged to start following the TC211 space.

Friday, 9 July

Agenda item 

Notes/Actions

Open Maps for Europe (Nathalie Delattre, EuroGeographics)

Updates on central INSPIRE components 1/2 (JRC)

  • Geoportal
    • State-of-play (JRC)
    • Redesigned backend (GeoCat)
    • New frontend for HVD (JRC)
  • The current status and planned future activities on the Geoportal were presented.
    • GeoCat is working on a prototype for the backend of the Geoportal based on GeoNetwork, which will migrate all the existing functionality and also improve the harvesting system thanks to a micro-service approach. The prototype is under development and should be ready by the end of the summer.
    • The new frontend, tailored to the new implementing provisions on High-Value datasests (HVD), is ready and will be published together with Implementing Act in Q3 or Q4 2021.
Coffee break
Survey & discussion on MIG-T meetings format
  • sli.do was used to gather feedback on the MIG-T meetings format. Overall, the vast majority of MIG-T members confirms that the meeting format, scope and length are appropriate (see the results of the slido poll).
  • The feedback collected will be used for improving future meetings.


  • JRC to present a summary of the feedback and propose approach(es) for improving the way in which the regular MIG-T meetings are organised.

Updates on central INSPIRE components 2/2 (JRC)

  • Validator 
    • New release and tests
      • Annex II/III Data Specifications
      • OGC API - Features
    • New UI
  • Re3gistry and INSPIRE Registry 
    • Deployment of ver. 2 for INSPIRE
    • IACS codelists
    • DIGITAL Common Services Platform
  • The current status and planned future activities for the Validator and Registry were presented.

Update on Commission initiatives 

  • GreenData4All & High-value datasets (ENV)
  • Development of pan-European reference data sets (ESTAT)
  • INSPIRE Virtual conference 2021 (JRC)
  • GAIA-X workshop (ENV, JRC, BKG)
  • IACS data sharing clinic (JRC)
  • Status an future plans for several Commission initiatives were presented.
Wrap up of the meetingThe next (67th) MIG-T meeting is scheduled for 7 and 8 of October (lunch-to-lunch).

Actions

Task report

Looking good, no incomplete tasks.