The role of the MIG permanent technical sub-group (MIG-T) is to
- advise the MIG on any technical matters,
- monitor the activities of the temporary MIG sub-groups addressing technical issues,
- review deliverables from temporary MIG sub-groups or documents proposed for endorsement by external stakeholders for technical feasibility and highlight potential risks and opportunities to the group,
- establish linkages between the different activities and sub-groups and discuss cross-cutting issues from a technical perspective,
- provide a communication channel between the activities of the MIG and its sub-groups and the community of implementers in the member states,
- bring about an exchange of experience and good practice related to the implementation of the INSPIRE Directive and the Implementing Rules; and
- carry out other tasks and actions assigned to it in the maintenance and implementation work programme (MIWP).
National implementation webinars
[[National implementation webinars|Webinar series on the implementation of INSPIRE in different countries]]. The webinars focus on national coordination, challenges for implementation and success stories and opportunities.
Collection of examples of "end-to-end" INSPIRE implementations, including data sharing, metadata, network services and data harmonisation.
- Examples documented in the ARE3NA Reference Platform
- Examples [[Implementation examples|collected on the wiki]]
[[Extension examples|Collection of examples and guidelines for INSPIRE extensions]] (e.g. in EU-funded projects or at national level).
Examples of APIs for INSPIRE data
[[API examples|Collection of examples of APIs for INSPIRE data]] that can be used by (mainstream IT) developers to provide value-added applications (e.g. routing, gazetteers, points of interest, etc.).
NSDI architecture documents
[[NSDI architecture documents|Collection of NSDI architecture/reference documents]] that can be used in the ARE3NA Reference Platform to define typical INSPIRE implementation workflows based on real examples.
- On-going consultations on issues being discussed in the MIG sub-groups
- Open calls for participation in temporary MIG sub-groups
- Corrigenda (overview page with proposed and endorsed corrigenda to INSPIRE TGs, IRs and infrastructure components)
- [[Collaboration with OGC]]