This is the collaboration space for the INSPIRE Maintenance and Implementation Group (MIG) and the actions under the Maintenance and Implementation Work Programme (MIWP 2016-2020).
The following actions are currently active:
In addition, the MIG-T has carried out the following ad-hoc actions on "Spatial Data on the Web" (SDW):
- SDW-1+2: Data-service linking
- SDW-3: INSPIRE download services based on OGC API - Features
- SDW-4: Discovery of spatial data through mainstream search engines
- SDW-5: Linking spatial data / Persistent ids
The following actions have been completed:
Meeting minutes of the MIG and MIG-T meetings are available here:
Open calls for participation in / nomination for temporary MIG sub-groups
|Control body for the central INSPIRE registers and INSPIRE register federation||New||0||Calls for participation|
|Submitting organisations for the central INSPIRE registers and INSPIRE register federation||New||0||Calls for participation|
|MIG temporary sub-group 2017.2 on Alternative Encodings||Resolved||10||Calls for participation|
- Corrigenda (overview page with proposed and endorsed corrigenda to INSPIRE TGs, IRs and infrastructure components)
In the INSPIRE Committee meeting on 8 April 2013, it was agreed to set up a Commission expert group called INSPIRE Maintenance and Implementation Group (MIG) with representatives of the INSPIRE national contact points. The tasks of the INSPIRE MIG shall be:
- to bring about an exchange of experience and good practice related to the implementation of the INSPIRE Directive and the Implementing Rules
- to identify and give advice about the priority issues to be addressed in the maintenance of the INSPIRE Directive, Implementing Rules and/or Technical Guidance documents
- to identify issues related to INSPIRE implementation (including, but not limited to, technologies, standards, methods, coherence across INSPIRE chapters and communication measures to be adopted) and advise the Commission on how to address them
- to prepare and regularly update the rolling work programme for INSPIRE maintenance and implementation to be agreed by the INSPIRE Committee and the Commission
The basis of the work of the MIG and its sub-groups is the common Maintenance and Implementation Work Programme (MIWP) 2016-2020.
The MIG is supported by one permanent sub-groups focusing on technical aspects (MIG-T) as well as a number of temporary sub-groups focusing on specific actions defined in the maintenance and implementation work programme (MIWP).
The MIG is complemented by a pool of experts drawn from the stakeholder community. The experts in this pool will be called upon when MIG sub-groups are formed to address specific implementation or maintenance issues, but will also provide the opportunity to reach out to experts involved or interested in particular aspects of INSPIRE implementation or maintenance.
For more details, see
- the MIG's entry in the Register of Commission Expert Groups
- the MIG-T and MIG-P representatives