Info and documentation about the ongoing work of the GECES Working group on social economy clusters and other forms of collaboration
In a first year, this work focussed on clusters solely by investigating to what extend social enterprises are engaged in traditional clusters or form their own ‘social economy clusters’ and which characteristics could we identify.
Traditional Clusters are groups of specialised enterprises, often SME's, and other related supporting actors in a location that cooperate closely.
Together, SME's can be more innovative, create more jobs, and register more international trademarks and patents than alone.
The working group developed on the basis of their activities the concept Clusters of social and ecological innovation.
These can be defined as:
Groups of social economy enterprises and other related supporting actors that cooperate in a particular location to improve the role of social economy enterprises in economic development and increase the social and ecologic impact of its members by enhancing their cooperation, pooling resources and innovation capacity.
Output of the GECES working group
Here you find the most report of the GECES Working Group on Clusters of Social and Ecological Innovation (Due for December 2020).
This report aims at exploring Clusters of social and ecological innovation (CSEI) contributions to foster innovation in the European Union, in light of the socio-ecological transition. Social economy enterprises aim at improving local communities and society in general.
Next to the report, you will also find an overview of cases that were collected across Europe.
The report is still under construction. A first draft will be shared will be shared with GECES members. A final version with thematic approaches will be finished by December 2020 and presented during the Mannheim Summit.
DFBA Community Enterprises CLG
Impact City / The Hague
Vierwerk / 4Werk
The Partnership for social innovation in Örebro County
Le Cluster ESS Grande Région
Pfefferwerk Foundation& Pfefferberg
Grupo Empresarial de Cooperativas de Enseñanza en la Región de Murcia
The Rediscovery Centre - The Irish National Centre for the Circular Economy
Lapland - Artic Social Economy Cluster
Atelier El Costurerico (Proyecto Abraham IKEAMurcia)
Rummelig imidt / Labour inclusion in the Region
Figeacteurs - PTCE
Comptoir des ressources creatives
Grappes d’entreprises Wallonie
Coopolis, Ateneu (athenaeum) Cooperatiu de Barcelona
Asociacion proyecto Lazaro
ANE (Navarra Social Economy Cluster)
Cluster for Eco-Social Innovation and Development CEDRA Split & CEDRA HR
GOEL - Cooperative Group
Andalusian Association of Social Economy Education Centres
ecoBI - Italy
Initiatives et cité
Navarre Social Innovation Unit
|31||Torino Social Impact||Italy||https://www.torinosocialimpact.it/|
|33||Impact Noord||The Netherlands||https://impactnoord.nl/|
Social Economy clusters often cooperate around a shared thematic area. See the current areas, join the area of your interest or propose your own.
- Public Procurement
- Local Investments and local development
- Joint Investment schemes
- Inclusive Employment
- Quality assessments and labels
- Corporate environmental policy and projects
Cluster policies and initiatives
- Smart Guide on Cluster policy: https://www.clustercollaboration.eu/news/smart-guide-cluster-policy-published
- Cluster Observatory: https://ec.europa.eu/growth/industry/policy/cluster/observatory_en
- Overview of Cluster support programs in EU and beyond; https://www.clustercollaboration.eu/news/report-cluster-programmes-europe-and-beyond
- Cluster Conference 2019 (incl. workshop on social impact and shared value within clusters): https://www.eucluster2019.eu/en
- Partnership on smart specialisation - Social Economy: 6 regional clusters on industrial modernisation: https://s3platform.jrc.ec.europa.eu/social-economy
- A practical and hands-on guide for local economic development focussing on retail sector: https://op.europa.eu/en/publication-detail/-/publication/d606c517-4445-11e8-a9f4-01aa75ed71a1/language-en
- Related working group activities: https://ec.europa.eu/growth/content/workshop-revitalising-and-modernising-small-retail-sector_en