Versions Compared

Key

  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

...

Agenda itemNotes / Actions
Welcome and approval of the agenda & previous meeting minutes

The minutes of the previous meeting were approved without any proposals for changes.

De-briefing MIG meeting and "Future of INSPIRE" workshop

The meeting started with a debriefing from the two events that took place in Brussels on 20 and 21 June.

  • MIG-T representatives are encouraged to go through the documents prepared for the 10th MIG meeting which are available online

  • Presentations from the two meetings will be made available online shortly.

2016.4 Theme-specific issues / Thematic Clusters

  • The ‘INSPIRE Community Forum’ (Former Thematic Cluster Platform) was launched in the beginning of June.

  • From the initial feedback the new Forum structure and look and feel is appreciated – especially the two new cross –domain Discussion groups related to Software & tools and INSPIRE & Env. policy.

  • Forum facilitators are also identifying a list of data sets cc. 1 per INSPIRE theme/application schema that are most frequently used by the respective thematic communities. The idea is to come up with a list of roughly 100 data sets. The next step will be to find out the actual availability in the INPSIRE infrastructure (Geoportal) and consequently find out problems and facilitate the provision of those selected data sets

2016.5 Priority data sets
  • The last meeting of the sub-group took place on 13 June. The minutes of the meeting are still under finalization and will be distributed soon.

  • The 2016.5 sub-group recently investigated the following topics related to priority datasets: (i) spatial coverage, (ii) temporal dimensions and dataset versioning, (iii) allocation to data themes.

  • The next meeting of the sub-group is scheduled for the autumn. The format (face-to-face or virtual) is still to be decided.
  •  

    Daria to share with the MIG-T the dates and format of the planned autumn meeting of 2016.5 once know

2017.1 Master Guidance
  • Nothing to communicate at this stage. DG ENV will be working on that during the summer months.

2017.2 Alternative Encodings

The results of the 2017.2 sub-group (link) were endorsed in the 10th MIG meeting. Once there is enough evidence of uptake of the results by MS, ideally before December 2019, the ‘Alternative encodings for INSPIRE data’ will be proposed as an INSPIRE Good practice.

  •  MIG-T representatives to circulate the results of action 2017.2 as widely as possible the results on the national level.
2017.3 Better client support for INSPIRE data
  • A meeting with software vendors and open source products is scheduled for 08-09 July. It will take place in Ispra.

  • The results of the tests on client support for INSPIRE data that are made available on GitHub (link) will be discussed, and possible solutions to be identified and prioritised.

2017.4 Validation & conformity testing
  • On June 26 the old sandbox instance of the Validator (hosted by the JRC) was dismissed, and from now on only the two cloud instances will be used. Together with the switch-off of the sandbox, we added the conformance classes on View Services (WMS and WMTS) and MD TG v.2.0 to the cloud production instance. We were also able to put in place a de-direction from the AWS URL to an 'INSPIRE' URL, and in particular you can now access the Validator at http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/validator.

  • In the cloud staging instance, you can also find the conformance classes on WCS and SOS (to be moved to the production in few weeks, because we need first to discuss and to solve some issues that have been raised in the helpdesk); the conformance class still missing is the one on Discovery Services, that JRC is still testing internally before being published in staging. This will happen by mid-July.

  • Also, a workshop on the INSPIRE Validator will be organized at the JRC, in Ispra, on October 1-2. It will be a 2-day workshop: the first day will be for users, and the second day it will be for developers.

  •  JRC to share a link to a survey to express interest in attending the workshop. People will have to indicate if they are interested in the user workshop, in the developer workshop, or in both, and to indicate which topics they would like to be covered.
2018.1 Monitoring & reporting 2019
  • JRC is preparing a document with an overview of proposed approaches and calculation methods for monitoring indicators. More discussion is needed in particular for conformity indicators. National reporters will be approached as a second step.

  •  JRC and EEA to investigate the discrepancies between the results between the dashboard and INSPIRE Geoportal.
  • The spatial scope codelist to be used for calculation of the data is implemented in the Registry

2019.2 Improving availability of INSPIRE data
  • The summary of all the activities related to Geoportal, data accessibility& usability, simplification etc. is available in a document prepared for the MIG meeting. In addition, selected statistics on the use of the Geoportal is also provided as Annex I of the document.

  • In terms of planning, the following activity (agreed) is foreseen:

    • JRC will continue to support activities that improve the accessibility of MS data sets in Geoportal (incl. Geoportal Helpdesk).

    • JRC will continue improving the usability of MS data sets via Geoportal 3 categories of issues are to be addressed concerning the usability of data: data granularity, authentication layer, and licensing: JRC plans to recruit a short term expert to compile a list of recommendations on how this can be done in the best way.

    • Request on the identification of open data through metadata: JRC received 13 responses in one month. MS are encouraged to provide additional feedback.  Instructions will be compiled as a follow-up activity together with testing of the extraction and labeling of open data through the Geoportal.

  •  MIG-T representatives to provide information to JRC on how open data is to be discovered in their metadata.
    • JRC will continue on the data service simplification option. A teleconference was organized two weeks ago to discuss the experiences of six MS which used the simplified approach. Simplification option should be further clarified, as it turned out that they were interpreted differently. The first step as follow up is to agree on a common code list (protocol) categorising the endpoints/access points of services. The second necessary code list to be used is Spatial data service type”.

Register and registries
  • Testing on the editing interface is ongoing. Colleagues from FI aim to complete the user interface by the end of this week, so we hope to be able to put also this part out for testing soon.
Geoportal
  • Future plans (by September) regarding the functionalities of the Geoportal include the the new INSPIRE Feature Types Viewer and full Geoportal support of MD 2.0, WCS and SOS.
SDW Action 3 (WFS 3.0)

MIG-T representatives are reminded to go through and provide feedback on the mapping between INSPIRE IR and the OGC API (former WFS 3.0 specification.

SDW Action 4 (making spatial data discoverable through mainstream search engines)

A meeting is organised in Ispra on 3 and 4 June. 5 sessions are foreseen with 2 breakout groups. Limited access to WebEx might be provided upon request.

SDW Action 5 (linking spatial data and persistent ids)

Carlo (It) to systemise and report on relevant activities on PIDs done together with KU Leuven for DG DIGIT.

  •  Discuss how to proceed (or whether to close) this SDW activity in the next MIG-T face-to-face meeting
News from standardisation bodies

The MIG-T representatives are encouraged to look at the recently developed document that gives an overview of new developments at OGC, ISO TC 211 and W3C.

Face-to-face meeting in Prague

  •  JRC will circulate the draft agenda of the forthcoming face-to-face meeting of the MIG-T in Prague  . 
AOB / Information points

The preparations for the forthcoming Inspire Helsinki event are underway. If interested, MIG-T representatives should register fast as the number of places is limited. Additional information is available at https://challenge.inspire-helsinki-2019.fi/

  •  MIG-T representatives should promote the Inspire Helsinki 2019 event, and most of all encourage technical experts to address the data-related challenges.
  •  Next meeting: MIG-T representatives to communicate their availability for a meeting at the end of August, otherwise the next meeting will be in September. 

...