The Better Entrepreneurship Policy Tool is an online tool designed for policy-makers and other interested parties at local, regional and national level who wish to explore how public policy can:
- Support youth, women, migrants and the unemployed in business creation and self-employment
- Support the development of social enterprises
Visit the website and test the tool!
- Stimulates thought-provoking reflection on inclusive and social entrepreneurship policies and programmes
- Promotes learning through international good practices
- Enhances inclusive and social entrepreneurship policy design and implementation
- Targets a wide variety of stakeholders, such as policymakers, business associations and networks, chambers of commerce, finance providers, research institutions, education and training providers, and civil society organisations
- Will operate in 24 languages
The Better Entrepreneurship Policy Tool is a free online self-assessment and learning tool for inclusive and social entrepreneurship policies and programmes. The tool includes:
- Self-assessment questionnaires that provide a framework for reflecting on the inclusive and social entrepreneurship policies and programmes in a city, region or country
- Policy guidance notes and inspiring case studies to support better policy design.
It is an initiative of the Directorate-General for Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion of the European Commission, and the OECD Centre for Entrepreneurship, SMEs, Regions and Cities
This tool builds on the knowledge generated jointly by OECD and the European Commission on inclusive and social entrepreneurship policy. Since 2011, this collaboration has produced a series of publications, including The Missing Entrepreneurs book series, the good practice compendia on Boosting Social Enterprise Development, and Inclusive Business Creation, policy briefs and country-specific policy reviews.