The results of the INSPIRE evaluation (REFIT) and the implementation report provide a clear picture on the implementation of the INSPIRE Directive at its half-way point. A lot of progress has been made but there is no single country which has fully implemented the Directive to date. At the same time, the most challenging deadlines are still ahead. Further to the orientation debate at the MIG-P in December 2015, it was agreed to translate the direction provided by the MIG-P into a renewed and reviewed Work Programme for the collaboration between the EU level partners and the Member States, the MIWP 2016-2020.
The actions in the table below have been endorsed in the MIWP 2016-2020.
|2016.4||Theme specific issues of data specifications & exchange of implementation experiences in thematic domains||Action 2016.4||ongoing|
|2016.5||Priority list of data sets for eReporting||Action 2016.5||ongoing|
|2017.1||Drafting of "Master Guidelines" for the INSPIRE Directive||Action 2017.1||ongoing|
|2017.2||Alternative encodings for INSPIRE data||Action 2017.2||ongoing|
|2017.3||Improved client support for INSPIRE data||Action 2017.3||ongoing|
|2017.4||Validation and conformity testing||Action 2017.4||ongoing|
|2018.1||Streamlining the monitoring and reporting for 2019 (phase 2)||Action 2018.1||ongoing|
|2016.1||INSPIRE fitness for purpose – Analysis||Action 2016.1||completed|
|2016.2||Streamlining the monitoring and reporting for 2019||Action 2016.2|
completed in June 2017 (phase 1); follow-up to be carried out under a new action 2018.1
|2016.3||Validation and conformity testing||Action 2016.3||completed in June 2017; follow-up to be carried out under action 2017.4|
MIWP 2016-2020 and action fiches
- Latest version of the MIWP 2016-2020
- MIWP 2016-2020, version 3.0, as endorsed in the 5th MIG meeting on 30/11-1/12/2016
- Action fiche 2016.5 Priority list of data sets for eReporting
- Action fiche 2017.1 Drafting of "Master Guidelines" for the INSPIRE Directive
- Action fiche 2017.2 Alternative encodings for INSPIRE data
- Action fiche 2017.3 Improved client support for INSPIRE data
- Action fiche 2017.4 Validation and conformity testing
- Action fiche 2018.1 Streamlining the monitoring and reporting for 2019 (phase 2)
- Previous versions of the MIWP 2016-2020
The initial MIWP was created based on input from the MIG in 2014 and last updated in 2015.
See MIWP 2014-2016 for further details.