Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Thursday, 30th of August 2018, 10:00-11:30 CEST

Connection details:

Recording:  Streaming, Download

Agenda

TimeAgenda itemDocument(s)
10:00-10:05Welcome and approval of the agenda
10:05-10:10Minutes of the previous meetings (for discussion and agreement)50th MIG-T meeting 2018-06-28
10:10-10:30

MIWP actions status reports

  • 2016.4 Theme-specific issues / Thematic Clusters
  • 2016.5 Priority data sets / Thematic Viewer
  • 2017.1 Master Guidance
  • 2017.2 Alternative Encodings
  • 2017.3 Better client support for INSPIRE data
  • 2017.4 Validation & conformity testing
  • 2018.1 Monitoring & reporting 2019

10:30-11:00

Update on SDW activities

  • Actions 1+2 (data-service linkage)
  • Action 3 (WFS 3.0)
  • Action 4 (making spatial data discoverable through mainstream search engines)
  • Action 5 (linking spatial data and persistent ids)
11:00-11:15

News from standardisation bodies


11:15-11:30AOB / Information points

Draft Minutes

The minutes summarise the main conclusions and actions from the meeting. Actions are indicated in the minutes using checkboxes and are tracked in the "Open actions" section below.

The meeting was attended by experts from PL, DE, ES, EE, DK, LT, HU, FR, NL, NO, PT, BE, SE, IT, FI, CH, RS, AT, EEA, DG ENV and JRC.

Agenda itemNotes / Actions
Welcome and approval of the agenda
  • No comments on the agenda
Minutes of the previous meetings
  • Endorsed without comments
  • No comments were received on the TG change proposals. JRC to prepare and pubslish the new TG versions.

2016.4 Theme-specific issues / Thematic Clusters

  • Thematic Clusters platform is being revised. New version might be presented at the INSPIRE Conference (if ready in time).
  • Several face-to-face meetings of Thematic Clusters planned at the Conference (meeting point: EC stand):
    • 18/9 15:30-16:00: Marine and Atmosphere
    • 18/9 17:30-18:00: Topographic & Cadastral Reference data and EL, OI, RS & GG
    • 19/9 10:30-11:00: Earth Sciences
    • 19/9 15:30-16:00: O&M and EF
    • 19/9 17:30-18:00: Statistics and Health
    • 20/9 10:30-11:00: Biodiversity and Area Management
    • 20/9 15:30-16:00: Land cover and land use
    • 20/9 17:30-18:00: Facilities, Utilities and Public Services
  • New facilitator contracts are under preparation, incl. facilitators for the 2 new clusters on policy and tools
2016.5 Priority data sets / Thematic Viewer
  • The new Geoportal will be launched at the INSPIRE Conference.
    • Testers are welcome.
    • A final round of harvesting will be done in the week before the Conference. Harvesting will then be suspended for the duration of the Conference.
    • An advisory group or similar structure will be set up in the autumn to collect and prioritise requirements.
  • The new version of GeoNetwork (3.4.3) includes the support to load the codelists from the INSPIRE Registry, facilitating the use of keywords from the priority datasets controlled vocabulary to tag priority datasets. More information on the developments can be found on https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/issues/2500 and https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/pull/2659.
  • A workshop on priority datasets will take place at the Conference on 18/9 from 9:00-10:30 (room Okapi 1)
2017.1 Master Guidance
  • no activity since the last MIG-T meeting
2017.2 Alternative Encodings
  • The sub-group has started collecting GeoJSON and simplification examples and initiated a discussion on the crucial CRS issue
  • Next steps are the in-depth analysis of the examples and extraction of aspects or rules to be included in the GP documents
  • A call for tender for an editor contract to be launched by JRC towards the end of September (combined with support for 2017.3)
  • A face-to-face meeting is planned for end of November
2017.3 Better client support for INSPIRE data
  • A call for tender for supporting the action to be launched by JRC towards the end of September (combined with support for 2017.2)
2017.4 Validation & conformity testing
  • The governance structure for the ETF software has been set up. ETF Improvement proposals (EIPs) are collected, discussed and prioritised on Github, e.g. on performance improvements, UI simplification.
    • ETF developments are now also funded through a contract with German mapping agencies (AdV)
  • ETS for Metadata Technical Guidance (TG) v2.0 to be released at the INSPIRE conference
  • The ATS for View Services has been updated, and work on the ETS has started.
  • Work on ATS and ETS for SOS-based Download Services TG has started.
  • The 2017.4 sub-group will also discuss the data-service linking paper in their meeting on 30/08.
2018.1 Monitoring & reporting 2019
  • The call for re-newing membership in the 2018.1 (ex-2016.2) sub-group is still open.
  • A workshop on the future of INSPIRE Monitoring and Reporting will take place at the Conference on 18/9 from 16:00-17:30 (room Gorilla 3). An informal meeting of the sub-group could take place directly afterwards.

Register and registries
SDW Actions 1+2 (data-service linkage)
  • The discussion paper was presented; comments are welcome by 14/9, in particular on implications and feasibility for existing or future implementations in the MS.
  • The discussion paper will be discussed in depth at the upcoming face-to-face MIG-T meeting.
SDW Action 3 (WFS 3.0)
  • Jari to report at the next meeting about the progress presented at the OGC meeting in Stuttgart.
  • ISO/TC 211 and OGC are looking into how the work can proceed and be submitted as an OGC standard /International Standard with the shortest possible time frame, taking into consideration the maturity of the spec and implementation experience from the hackaton.
SDW Action 4 (making spatial data discoverable through mainstream search engines)
  • An ad-hoc meeting will be organised at the INSPIRE Conference on Wednesday, 19/9 from 17:45-19:00 (room NIghtingale), for which there is considerable interest.
SDW Action 5 (linking spatial data and persistent ids)
  • Carlo has analysed existing good practices for linking/persistent ids and will document them on the wiki.
News from standardisation bodies
  • JRC is preparing a renewed collaboration agreement with OGC.
AOB / Information points
  • The next MIG-T face-to-face will take place in Paris on 24-25 October.
    • Only limited funding will be available for participants that will support the preparation and/or running of the meeting.
    • Marie to provide logistic details

Open Actions

DescriptionDue dateAssigneeTask appears on
  • MIG-T members to continue nominating members for Action 2.3.1 on the governance of INSPIRE artefacts.
65th MIG-T meeting, 2021-04-15+16
  • Proposers of new Good Practices to follow closely the procedure for INSPIRE Good practices and ensure good client and server support and enough documentation to enable the reproducibility of the proposed approaches.
65th MIG-T meeting, 2021-04-15+16
  • MIG-T members to provide comments to the proposed approach for alternative encodings on GitHub through the means of Issues in the dedicated repository.
65th MIG-T meeting, 2021-04-15+16
  • MIG-T members to provide feedback and communicate the Open Public Consultations for (1) the evaluation of INSPIRE, and (2) the Implementing act for high-value datasets.
65th MIG-T meeting, 2021-04-15+16
  • JRC and EEA to organise the new GitHub repository for action 2.1. 'Need driven data prioritisation' and to communicate this to the community.
65th MIG-T meeting, 2021-04-15+16
  • A workshop on the possible role of the GAIA-X initiative for modernising data sharing in INSPIRE is to be organised in Q1 of 2021.
64th MIG-T meeting 2021-01-21 + 22
  • JRC to discuss about a solution and propose an approach for the granularity of metadata (as-is and harmonised) before the next Monitoring and Reporting cycle.
62nd MIG-T meeting 2020-07-02
  • LU to share the implementation experience in the new Tools and Software group on the INSPIRE Community Forum.
60th MIG-T meeting Prague 2019-10-15+16
  • JRC and PL to summarise the main findings from the workshop in a short report. The example for PID management presented by DE should be included as an example.
60th MIG-T meeting Prague 2019-10-15+16
  • IT and other contributors to summarise the main findings from the ad-hoc action in a short report.
60th MIG-T meeting Prague 2019-10-15+16
  • EC and EEA to discuss whether a copy could also be stored in Reportnet for archiving purposes.
60th MIG-T meeting Prague 2019-10-15+16
  • JRC to assess the number of network services with authentication by MS
60th MIG-T meeting Prague 2019-10-15+16
  • MS to propose solutions (e.g. specific credentials) for allowing the geoportal to access protected services to assess downloadability/viewability
60th MIG-T meeting Prague 2019-10-15+16
  • JRC to investigate possible filters to be added in the geoportal to identify open, protected & checked and protected & not checked services.
60th MIG-T meeting Prague 2019-10-15+16
  • No comments were received on the TG change proposals. JRC to prepare and pubslish the new TG versions.
51st MIG-T meeting 2018-08-30