We will upgrade the Confluence Wikis platform.
In the meantime, and report any issue to EC-HELPDESK-IT@ec.europa.eu. You will be able to check new features from the release notes.
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Logistics

Date: Thursday, 15 November 2018, 10:00-11:30 CET

Web conference

  • Meeting number: 849 436 158
  • Join the meeting
  • Global call-in numbers (access code: 849 436 158)

  • Recording: not available

Agenda

[10:00-10:10] Welcome, approval of the agenda & minutes of the previous meeting

[10:10-10:20] Status update on development of the Reference validator

[10:20-10:30] The INSPIRE validation community space

[10:30-11:15] Open Github issues for 2017.4 discussion, in particular:

[11:15-11:30] AOB

  • Ongoing work on data-service linking
  • Workshop on ETF improvements

Attendees

  • Sub-group members: Anja Litka (DE), Laura and Alejandra (ES), Veronika Kusova (CZ), Thijs Brentjens (NL), Bart Cosyn (BE), Carlo Cipolloni (IT), Francisco Caldeira (PT), Marie Lambois (FR), Michael Lutz (JRC), Lorena Hernandez (JRC), Marco Minghini (JRC)

  • Observers: Belén Sáez (Geograma), Iñaki Diaz de Cerio (Bilbomatica), Carlos Palma (Guadaltel)

Discussion items & actions

ItemNotes / Actions
Welcome, approval of the agenda & minutes of the previous meeting
  • No comments on the minutes or the proposed agenda
Status update on development of the Reference validator
  • JRC Contractors are working on the new ATS and ETS. Development of ATS and ETS Metadata TG 2.0 was completed and passed QC.
  • JRC is considering to set up a test environment (sandbox) to test the new development before official release in the production environment
    • the idea is to have a bugfix branch and a branch for the new releases, in addition to the master branch; issues will be closed and changes will be pushed to the master branch only when the people who originally opened the issue have successfully checked in the sandbox that the behaviour is as expected.
  • JRC is considering to deploy a cloud instance of the ETF
  • JRC to check feasibility of setting up a testing instance internally and provide updates to the sub-group.
  • Implementers from the MS are actively using the Validator.
  • The landing page of the Validator was updated.
  • Versioning: each ETS will be versioned independently, but the whole ETS collection will also have its own versioning.

The INSPIRE validation community space

  • Since previously there were many places where information on the Validator was available and where people were sent to report issues, it was difficult to keep track of everything. Also, feedback from the INSPIRE conference showed that there was no place where the Validator release plan was presented and kept up-to-date.
  • Consequently, the community space was setup as a single space to:
    • report bugs/issues, propose improvements and start discussions with the sub-group and the whole INSPIRE community
    • announce new releases and plans on the bugfixing process, provide material, document known limitations, etc.
  • Implementers are becoming aware of the space and have started to use it.             
  • ALL to start watching this space, to receive automatic notifications.
ETF improvement proposals for discussion

The following ETF improvement proposals for discussion (mainly related to the functionality of the ETF and the user interface) were discussed:

The feedback was collected during the meeting is documented in the relevant issues.

Open Github issues for 2017.4 discussion

The following issues were discussed:

The feedback was collected during the meeting is documented in the relevant issues.

AOB

Ongoing work on data-service linking
  • JRC has continued working on the discussion paper and discussed it at the MIG-T (see the minutes), leading to a number of recommendations.
  • The discussion paper and a proposal for a new action focusing on improving accessibility of data sets through network services will be presented and discussed at the MIG in November (agenda).
  • A workshop is scheduled at the JRC on January 23-24, 2018 with MS experts/managers of national catalogues, with the overall purpose to improve data availability on the INSPIRE Geoportal
    • JRC will soon send out a questionnaire to the experts to understand the approaches used by MS in linking INSPIRE resources; this will include a document explaining how JRC is currently evaluating these links in the Geoportal.

Workshop on ETF improvements

  • JRC would like to replicate the useful workshop held in September 2018 on the INSPIRE Registry, i.e. by inviting and involving implementers in the MS who use the Validator on a regular basis
  • Michael LUTZ to write an email and ask for feedback about the idea to hold such a workshop

Next sub-group meeting

The next meeting will take place on 13 December 2018 15:00-16:30.