Further details about practical arrangements will be added as soon as they become available.
The originally planned BDES 2020 conference, to be held in Warsaw (PL) on 24 and 25 November 2020, had to be canceled due to the Covid-19 pandemic. It has been replaced by two events:
- a downsized version of BDES 2020 consisting of a series of online dissemination sessions to present all results of the 11 content workpackages of the ESSnet Big Data project and to interactively discuss them with project participants, stakeholders in official statistics, business and acedemia, and anyone else interested;
- a (hopefully) live and physical international BDES 2021 conference at the end of May 2021 in Warsaw (PL) to explore future directions for big data and new data sources in official statistics through keynote speeches, panel sessions and discussion with the audience.
This page provides all information on the BDES 2020 online sessions; the latest update on the BDES 2021 conference in May 2021 can be found here.
The programme consists of 12 two-hour online sessions, a general introduction of the ESSnet Big Data project and 11 sessions presenting the results of the content workpackages. It runs from Monday 23 November until (and including) Monday 30 November 2020, with a 2-hour morning and afternoon session every day.
Anyone can freely attend any of these sessions after registering (see below).
Please note: all times indicated are CET (Central European Time); verify how this relates to your own time zone!
- Introduction (Peter Struijs): Monday 23 November 2020, 10:00-12:00 CET
- WPF Process and architecture (Monica Scannapieco): Monday 23 November 2020, 14:00-16:00 CET
- WPB Online job vacancies (Tomaž Špeh): Tuesday 24 November 2020, 10:00-12:00 CET
- WPC Enterprise characteristics (Galya Stateva): Tuesday 24 November 2020, 14:00-16:00 CET
- WPD Smart energy (Arko Kesküla): Wednesday 25 November 2020, 10:00-12:00 CET
- WPE Tracking ships (Remco Paulussen): Wednesday 25 November 2020, 14:00-16:00 CET
- WPK Methodology and quality (Alex Kowarik): Thursday 26 November 2020, 10:00-12:00 CET
- WPG Financial transactions data (Johan Fosen): Thursday 26 November 2020, 14:00-16:00 CET
- WPI Mobile networks data (David Salgado): Friday 27 November 2020, 10:00-12:00 CET
- WPH Earth observation (Marek Morze): Friday 27 November 2020, 14:00-16:00 CET
- WPJ Innovative tourism statistics (Marek Cierpiał-Wolan): Monday 30 November 2020, 10:00-12:00 CET
- WPL Preparing smart statistics (Natalie Rosenski): Monday 30 November 2020, 14:00-16:00 CET
Registration and attendance
Applying for attendance
Simply send an e-mail to email@example.com, with the following information:
- e-mail address
- the number(s) (1-12) of the session(s) you want to attend - there is no limit to the number of sessions one can attend, but please indicate ALL clearly!
Your personal data will be treated according to the GDPR provisions, and will only be used for the processing of BDES 2020 registrations.
Registration and confirmation
After registration you will get a confirmation e-mail as soon as possible.
For each of the BDES 2020 sessions you have signed up for, you will receive two weeks before the chosen session a separate e-mail with a clickable link. If you have registered for multiple sessions, you will receive several e-mails, one for each session.
Clicking this link will connect you to the Zoom Webinar virtual conference room where you can view and hear the speakers and their presentations, and at wish interact via chat and other channels.
Papers and presentations
Presentations will be based on the project deliverables created by the various workpackages, most of which are already available and freely consultable. See here for an overwiew (click on the workpackage you are interested in).
- Dissemination Workshop, Sofia (BG), 23-24 February 2017 (presenting the results of SGA-1, the first project stage of ESSnet Big Data I)
- BDES 2018, Sofia (BG), 14-15 May 2018 (presenting the overall results of ESSnet Big Data I, 2016-2018)