- Agricultural Engineer or studies (Bachelor) in Environmental Sciences.
- Specialized training (masters or other courses) in food security.
- Desirable, knowledge in humanitarian/development projects cycle management.
Experience and competences:
- Computer and Microsoft Office literacy.
- Prior volunteer experience.
- Desirable, previous experience in developing or natural disaster affected countries.
- English B2
- French C1
- Spanish will be an asset
- Knowledge in reports drafting.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Adaptability, self-awareness and inter-personal skills to adapt to different working styles and cultural context.
- Ability to work collaboratively and develop others.
- Intercultural awareness and respectful attitude towards other customs and traditions.
- Motivation for promoting local social development
- Knowledge and interest in issues such as humanitarian action, gender, human rights, peacebuilding, etc.
- Developing and maintaining collaborative relationships
- Volunteering mind-set
- Managing oneself in a pressured and changing environment
- Demonstrating leadership
- Achieving results
- Understanding the humanitarian context of the EU Aid Volunteers initiative and applying humanitarian principles
- Operating safely and securely at all times
- Managing projects in humanitarian contexts
- Communication and advocacy