Shortlisting and Interviews
All applicants must send the following:
• Cover letter.
• Updated Europass CV.
• Relevant diploma/certificate.
• Proven EU citizenship or long-term residency in an EU Member State (i.e. copy of passport/long-term residence permit).
All documents should be uploaded in the online application system under the section for cover letter and the section for CV/other documents.
Shortlisting and invitation for interviews will be carried out within 2-3 days days after closing date for application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited for an interview. All interviews will be done online. In case of changes to the dates, the candidates will be notified.
Based on the interviews one or more candidates will be chosen per position. Please note that additional candidates may be selected for a single position.
To select the final candidate for each position, pre-selected candidates from the interview will attend both an online and in-person EU training as part of the selection process. The selection of additional candidates is to ensure a substitute volunteer per position. The substitute volunteer may be chosen to replace the candidate in case they resign or are no longer available for another reason.
The final selection takes place shortly after the in-person training. The remaining candidate(s) may be offered the chance to be registered in a reserve pool to cover drop-outs or unforeseen needs of support, and thus still have a chance of being deployed to another position.
All final selected candidates will attend a pre-deployment introduction training (2,5 days) at Danish Refugee Council’s headquarter in Copenhagen.
Please note that all costs incurred in relation to the EU in-present training and the induction training will be fully covered (i.e. EU travel, full-board accommodation, and the course itself).
If a candidate is working outside of the EU at the time of their training course, the travel costs for the following groups of volunteers will be fully covered:
• EU citizens who legally reside in a non-EU country for long-term or forever (i.e. who live in that country).
• EU citizens who are on a temporary assignment in a third country that lasts more than 24 months (i.e. who work in a third country).
For the following groups or persons only the costs from an EU country to the training venue shall be covered:
• EU citizens on a temporary assignment in a third country that lasts less than 18 months (e.g. internships, traineeships, apprenticeships, short-term jobs).
• EU citizens that are selected for the training by the same organization or affiliate with which they have an ongoing assignment in the third country, if this assignment is longer than 18 months.