New e-learning on Social Protection across the Humanitarian Development-Nexus
Working with social protection in countries in crisis, vulnerable to crises and countries impacted by crises presents many challenges. This e-learning course provides concrete and practical guidance on what the instrument can deliver as an effective short- and long-term response.
- Presents main objectives, principles and core instruments of social protection;
- Discusses similarities and differences between social protection as government task in development setting and as part of humanitarian action;
- Introduces the important features of social protection systems and approaches in crisis contexts that reflect currently promising practices;
- Presents a working typology for understanding what working with social protection to respond to a crisis might look like;
- Provides an overview of how different social protection instruments can and have been used in crisis contexts;
- Outlines impacts of social protection programmes and approaches across a range of outcomes.
The primary target audience are social protection practitioners and interested staff in headquarters and in the field from European Commission, from EU Member States, development partners and from partner countries. Course participants are invited to join the two specific Communities of Practice (on Socialprotection.org and on Capacity4dev.eu ) created to offer direct link to the GP´s materials and serve as forums for discussions with a wide range of stakeholders working with the subject.