1. Using the System as a Public User
1.1 Searching for a CLASS entry
Any user has the ability to search for CLASS entries, using the public page.
In page CLASS Consultation, a set of available criteria is available.
- Simulation Date: The date that will be used for retrieving valid keywords for that specific date, from EBTI3, that will be available in "Classification Document Keywords".
Information Type: The available selections are Classification Documents, CN Notes
and TARIC Information. Depending on the selection, the search will retrieve results from the selected
- If Classification documents is selected, the area with additional criteria "Classification Document Information" and "Classification Document Keywords" are enabled in the form.
- Free Text: Any text that will be used for searching within documents across CN, TARIC and CLASS.
- Classification Document Information:
- Document Reference: The Reference number of CLASS Entry.
- Classification Information Type: There are three check boxes, Classification Statement, Classification Regulation and EJC Ruling. According to the selection the results will be filtered to Information Types matching it.
Official Journal Reference Information:
- The user can set criteria regarding the Official Journal Reference. The Date, Series or Range of Series, Subseries of the Official Journal, as well as a specific Page. Note that when Number of Series is selected, a textbox is displayed, while once Range is selected, there are two textboxes, From and To, to set the Range.
- Document Publication Date: A date range, during which the Document was published, will be used to filter the results. Only documents that were published within that range will be offered.
- Document Validity Period: A date range, during which the Document is or was valid, will be used to filter the results. Only documents that are or were valid within that range will be offered.
Classification Document Keywords: Keywords that are provided by the EBTI3 system and are
with specific CLASS entries.
- In the text box Search for Keywords, the user can enter text in order to search for the available keywords from the EBTI3 system, in the specified date in Simulation Date.
- The user can select the operator between the keywords. AND means that all keywords must be present, while OR means that any of the keywords may be present.
- After pressing the button with the magnifying glass, that implies search, a list of Available Keywords will be presented to the user. Every keyword has a checkbox on the left, to allow selection. When the needed keywords are selected the plus (+) button, that implies add, may be pressed, in order for the keywords to populate the Selected Keywords list.
- In Selected Keywords, the list of keywords that are used in searching is presented. Every keyword has a checkbox on the left, to allow selection. The user can either select as many keywords as needed and select to remove them by pressing the minus (-) button, that implies remove the selected keywords, or press the eraser button which will remove all the keywords from the selected keywords list.
Commodity Codes: Are received from TARIC and can be used to filter results.
- In the text box Input Commodity Code, the user can enter text in order to search for Commodity Codes. This can be a specific number, or a range of numbers. Note that when Range is selected, then two textboxes are shown, in order for the user to define a range.
- The user can press the chain button in order to redirect to DDS2-TARIC to see more details about the Commodity Code.
- After setting a code or a range, it can be added to the Selected Commodity Codes by pressing the plus (+) button.
- In Selected Commodity Codes, the list of codes that are used in searching is presented. Every code has a checkbox on the left, to allow selection. The user can either select as many codes as needed and select to remove them by pressing the minus (-) button, that implies remove the selected codes, or press the eraser button which will remove all the codes from the selected commodity codes list.
Upon completing the criteria with the desired information, the user can press "Search" in the bottom right area to search with the selected criteria, or "Clear Form" to reset the form and empty the fields.
1.2 CLASS Consultation Results
All the results of CLASS entries matching the selected criteria in the search, will be presented in a list on a new page. The columns of the list are the Commodity Code and its description. The list is using the accordion type, meaning that all the list elements can be expanded within the list, in order for the user to explore the details of each entry.
Depending on the sources of the CLASS entry, different options are available to the user. Another level of detail can be seen depending on the origin of the information.
All the documents can be downloaded, using the button with a downwards pointing arrow.
Additionally, any TARIC related information can be further detailed, by visiting the DDS2-TARIC, pressing the corresponding button Show in DDS2-TARIC.
At the top of the page, a list of the defined criteria is shown, and the user is offered with the option to alter these criteria, by pressing the Edit Search Criteria button. This will redirect him/her to the search page, with the used criteria prefilled.