First Programme of Community action in the field of public health (2003-2008)
European Centre AIDS & Mobility A&M [-]
The general aim of the project was to develop and exchange solutions to handle specific issues relating to the vulnerability of mobile and migrant populations, with a specific focus on young people to...
The general aim of the project was to develop and exchange solutions to handle specific issues relating to the vulnerability of mobile and migrant populations, with a specific focus on young people to HIV/AIDS.
More specifically, the objectives of the project was: - to collect and disseminate in-depth information, including epidemiological developments, regarding mobile populations in the European Member States and the applicant countries;
- to stimulate collaboration and networking between European Member States and applicant countries on the issue of (young) migrants;
- to stimulate links and collaboration between governmental and non-governmental organisations in the area of migration and youth at the national and the European level, with a focus on active involvement of the respective populations/communities;
- to assess and document best practice with respect to prevention, care and support in Europe in the field of HIV/AIDS and migrant, mobile & young people;
- to continue developing new approaches in regard to effective HIV/AIDS prevention, care and support, concerning migrant, mobile and young populations;
- to provide health professionals in the field of migration and youth with the opportunity of skills building and exchange of knowledge and expertise;
- to operate a helpdesk and make information and consultancy available to a wide network of professionals in the field and to policy makers at the national and the European level.
Start date: 01/01/2004 - End date: 01/01/2007
Call: Health Determinants (Hd 2003)
Topic: Sexually transmitted diseases