3rd Health Programme (2014-2020)
Strengthening the role of civil society within the TB response in Europe [TBEC]
The TB Europe Coalition (TBEC) is an advocacy network that brings together civil society representatives (individuals and organisations) from across the WHO European Region; in order to strengthen the...
The TB Europe Coalition (TBEC) is an advocacy network that brings together civil society representatives (individuals and organisations) from across the WHO European Region; in order to strengthen the role of civil society within the region response to tuberculosis (TB), and to increase the political and financial commitment required to effectively control the epidemic in the region.
The year 2016 is another critical year for the fight against tuberculosis (TB) in Europe. The latest evidence continues to affirm that the fight against TB, and particularly drug-resistant TB, is far from won in the region and sustained community advocacy, capacity building, and high-level advocacy are needed to achieve this goal.
Main specific objectives of the programme:
1) Increase understanding of the civil society contribution to the TB response;
2) By the end of 2016, maintain and strengthen the TBEC website as a regional platform serving 375 civil society stakeholders working within the TB response;
3) Provide access to TBEC support and representation to civil society stakeholders in at least 75% of countries within the Region by the end of 2016;
4) Strengthen the voice of civil society in all accessible EU and regional forums/ consultations throughout 2016;
5) Manage TBEC’s governance and internal processes for the successfully implementation of this work programme throughout 2016;
These objectives will be achieved via the delivery of key outputs:
- Map civil society stakeholders across the WHO European Region
- Facilitate access to information and resources for capacity building for target groups
- Conduct outreach to civil society across the region with the aim of expanding the network and building relationships with target groups
- Engage with decision-makers on behalf of civil society across the region
- Manage the network effectively to implement the three-year work programme
Start date: 01/01/2016 - End date: 31/12/2016
Call: Health Programme Adhoc Call for invited (named) beneficiaries