3rd Health Programme (2014-2020)
EUROPEAN CANCER LEAGUES COLLABORATING FOR IMPACT IN CANCER CONTROL (2021) [ECL SGA 2021]
The Association of European Cancer Leagues (ECL) provides a unique platform as the only organisation with the mission of uniting at the European level, national and regional cancer leagues to achieve ...
The Association of European Cancer Leagues (ECL) provides a unique platform as the only organisation with the mission of uniting at the European level, national and regional cancer leagues to achieve a cancer-free Europe. In coherence with the FPA 2018-2021, and building upon the outcomes from previous years of the FPA, this proposal focuses on the core activities to be implemented in 2021 in respect of the following strategic objectives:
1) Ensuring cancer control remains high on the political agenda;
2) Promoting the European Code Against Cancer (ECAC) as the essential tool for cancer prevention;
3) Supporting the implementation of the Council Recommendation on Cancer Screening (2003); and
4) Uniting leagues to advocate for equal access to treatment, support, and rehabilitation for cancer patients;
5) Advocating for the European Guide for quality improvement in cancer control to be mainstreamed in national cancer plans.
These objectives will be achieved by several actions, including:
- Implementing the MEPs against Cancer (MAC) 2019 elections manifesto and supporting with a toolkit to commemorate World Cancer Day;
- Publishing a communication guideline for cancer leagues to promote the European Week against cancer (EWAC);
- Developing the viewpoint of cancer leagues on the future of the European Code against Cancer (ECAC) based on the findings of the ECAC evaluation;
- Create a special tutorial on the background and application of the ECAC for young advocates in the ECL Youth Ambassadors programme;
- Supporting the roadmap towards a 3rd implementation report on cancer screening in the EU;
- Releasing the updated edition of the Patient Support Working Group Rehabilitation Atlas;
- Continuation of the advocacy work of the ECL Access to Medicines Task Force implementing the 2018 'Let's Talk Access'
White Paper on Equal Access to Medicines.
Start date: 01/01/2021 - End date: 31/12/2021
Call: Invitation to submit proposals for Specific Operating Grants (SGA) for the year 2021 under the Annual Work Programme 2020 of 3HP