Second Programme of Community action in the Field of Health 2008-2013
Fourth Joint European Public Health Conference [Copenhagen 2011]
The general objective of the 2011 European Public Health Conference is to further the aims of the second European Community action in the field of health by building the capacity of public health and ...
The general objective of the 2011 European Public Health Conference is to further the aims of the second European Community action in the field of health by building the capacity of public health and welfare experts, practitioners and policy makers through enhancing the European exchange of knowledge, policy and best practice.
More specifically, the 2011 European Public Health Conference aims to:
- offer a wide platform for exchanging knowledge, sharing research outcomes and discussing best practice in all fields of health and welfare and their interrelationship;
- provide a plenum for EU policies and projects with an audience of public health and welfare professionals;
- create, support and promote close and active collaboration links among European public health organisations and schools of public health;
- increase knowledge and skills among representatives of EUPHA and ASPHER member associations by the organisation of capacity building seminars.
- mobilise public and official bodies in the organising country and the Nordic countries for the promotion of public health.
The above general objective and aims are linked directly to the third objective of the second Health Programme (2008-2013) - to generate and disseminate information and knowledge.
The parallel scientific programme of the conference, which is based on submitted and ranked abstracts, covers the objectives and strands of the 2010 Work Plan. Workshops and presentations will focus on the various priority areas of the Work Plan such as quality of healthcare and patients` safety, sustainability of health systems in the face of challenges such as the ageing population and inequalities in health within and between EU Member States. EUPHA sections and ASPHER working groups cover priority issues such as mental health, communicable diseases and child and adolescent health in half-day or full-day pre-conferences.
The conference offers a meeting place for various projects funded by the second Health Programme and the 7th Research Framework Programme.
Start date: 10/11/2011 - End date: 10/11/2012
Call: Generate And Disseminate Health Information And Knowledge (Hi-2010)