The mission of the Correlation Network (CN) is to reduce health inequalities and improve the quality of life of marginalized groups in Europe. CN is committed to vulnerable groups, e.g. drug users, se...
The mission of the Correlation Network (CN) is to reduce health inequalities and improve the quality of life of marginalized groups in Europe. CN is committed to vulnerable groups, e.g. drug users, sex workers, migrants, MSM and youth in risk situations, including people living with HIV/AIDS and other communicable diseases. CN aims to improve access to and quality of medical and social services in a social Europe, in which these groups have a safe place with the same rights as everyone else.
CN works with everyone involved in providing care to marginalized groups: health professionals, researchers, policy makers, activists and others. CN works closely with various affected communities. We believe in meaningful involvement of marginalised groups in the design and implementation of services, and in decision-making processes.
CN is convinced that exchange of expertise and cooperation at the European level will benefit (health) professionals and communities at the national level.
Communication between network members and other stakeholders will take place face-to-face (e.g. at conferences) and through web-based media.
Correlation Network is committed to a number of guiding principles and core values:
- Vulnerable and marginalised communities are involved in a meaningful way in design and implementation of activities and in decision making processes.
- Activities of the network are based on European exchange and cross-border cooperation, creating synergy and added value for all parties involved.
- Activities of the network involve stakeholders from different professional backgrounds, representing various areas of research, practice and policy.
- Activities of the network are based on general principles of public health and human rights.
- Activities of the network ensure a pragmatic and evidence-based approach, respecting the diversities of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation or lifestyle of target populations.
- Activities carried out by the network are evaluated regularly and systematically, monitoring the network`s objectives, results, cost-effectiveness and ethical implications.