Second Programme of Community action in the Field of Health 2008-2013
The European Multiple Sclerosis Platform [EMSP_FY2012]
Founded in 1989, EMSP is the umbrella organisation representing 38 national MS societies from 34 European countries. EMSP represents their interests at European level and works collectively with its m...
Founded in 1989, EMSP is the umbrella organisation representing 38 national MS societies from 34 European countries. EMSP represents their interests at European level and works collectively with its members to achieve our goals of high quality equitable treatment and support for all people with Multiple Sclerosis (PwMS) throughout Europe.
EMSP vision is to move from high quality treatment and support for all PwMS in Europe to a world without MS.
EMSP`s mission is to ensure the development and the implementation of high quality standards of treatment and support for PwMS, their families and their carers in all EU member states, to allow them to lead their life independently and to recognise them as equal members of the society.
EMSP work priorities to achieve this mission are to:
- influence EU institutions and other decision-making bodies to improve the quality of life of PwMS;
- network with other European organisations which share of vision of truly patient centred approach;
- provide MS member organisations with information on relevant EU draft legislation and how we can influence it, and evidence - based projects that will contribute to their work;
- develop and promote recommendations for improved medical treatment and rehabilitation to be implemented in the EU member states and other countries;
- encourage coordinated research aiming to benefit of PwMS;
- initiate and implement cross-border projects to improve the living conditions of PwMS (e.g. in the field of therapies, employment, social security, infrastructure, etc.);
- act as information platform by exchanging knowledge and best practices relevant to the work of the national MS member organisations;
- enhance a general awareness on MS by informing and educating external audiences;
- and to support national MS Societies both recent and long-established in Europe.
Start date: 01/01/2012 - End date: 01/01/2013
Call: Generate And Disseminate Health Information And Knowledge (Hi-2010)
Topic: Rare diseases and disorders