The main objective of the European Health Forum Gastein is to facilitate the establishment of a framework for advising and developing European health policy while recognising the importance of nationa...
The main objective of the European Health Forum Gastein is to facilitate the establishment of a framework for advising and developing European health policy while recognising the importance of national and regional authorities and decision-making bodies. By offering this unique platform for networking and discussion to health experts from all member states and beyond, the EHFG aims to generate and disseminate health knowledge, thereby supporting the Second Programme of Community Action in the Field of Health.
By focusing on key issues in the European health arena the Forum considers in particular the following areas, tasks and challenges:
• Discussion and promotion of the main short-term and long-term objectives of the working programme of the European Community, the member states, accession candidate countries and the regions as well as their implementation, and the further development of European health policy.
• Detailed discussion of opportunities for integration of health policy across different policy areas. Analysis and discussion of the impact of European integration, in particular the Common Market and Economic and Monetary Union on health systems, services and policies.
• Evaluation of current developments and their effects on society, health systems, and services, and in particular the changing role of citizens and patients.
• The exchange of national and regional experience in health policy development and implementation.
• The International Forum Gastein has achieved wide dissemination of health knowledge produced at the EHFG through social media, EHFG website, international press articles (online, radio, television and print) and specific publications i.e. issuing of a final conference report to disseminate results of the conference and the publication of an issue of the journal Eurohealth dedicated to the conference (planned for 2013, to be confirmed for 2014).
• Promotion and offer of a platform for promising young decision-makers and experts through the Young Forum Gastein initiative, thereby aiming at bridging the gap between research and policy-making and facilitating learning and networking.