Second Programme of Community action in the Field of Health 2008-2013
A European network on cervical cancer surveillance and control in the new Member States [AURORA]
AURORA aims to:
• Identify a common and feasible strategy to promote Cervical Cancer Screening (CCS) in the New EU Member States targeting women in the reproductive age (30-69 years old) and ensurin...
AURORA aims to:
• Identify a common and feasible strategy to promote Cervical Cancer Screening (CCS) in the New EU Member States targeting women in the reproductive age (30-69 years old) and ensuring the coverage of the hard to reach groups (according to the demographic or socio-economic definitions: young people, rural people, ethnic groups and minorities).
• Assist these States in the implementation of evidence-based population based screening for cervical cancer.
• Promote a European exchange of information and expertise (training and education) on the development and implementation of good practices in Cervical Cancer Prevention and Advocacy.
AURORA consortium will:
• identify and analyse good practices and strategies to promote the CCS.
• Train 24 health professionals as Trainers of trainers about how to reach, approach the project target group and to perform the CCS.
• Train 12 advocacy leaders in cervical cancer control advocacy able to persuade influential people to stimulate change.
• Establish a network of healthcare centers that will test AURORA methodology.
Start date: 01/12/2010 - End date: 01/12/2013
Call: Improve Citizen''S Health Security (Hs-2009)