In 2019, AIDS Action Europe (AAE) will continue the work that is described under its leading title of the FPA 2018 - 2021, Stronger Together, and that is based on the achievements of the activities in...
In 2019, AIDS Action Europe (AAE) will continue the work that is described under its leading title of the FPA 2018 - 2021, Stronger Together, and that is based on the achievements of the activities in 2018. imwill implement its work programme in 2018. As a comprehensive NGO network of 421 NGOs, national networks, AIDS service organisations, and community based groups in 47 countries in the WHO European Region, AAE is a unique player with substantial added value for European policy making and programme implementation in the response to HIV/AIDS, TB and hepatitis.
The three main objectives of the work are
1. AAE contributes effectively to the HIV, TB and hepatitis response in Europe
2. AAE provides platforms to communicate and facilitate collaboration, networking, and linking and learning
3. Continuous improvement of network collaboration through governance and internal management.
Considering the epidemiological background and evidence, AAE will continue with regard to Objective I, to serve as the secretariat to the EU CSF, to monitor and contribute to policy developments, to coordinate the European HIV Legal Forum, and advocate for CS concerns. Objective 2 comprises improved bilingual communication and exchange, intensified social media communication, dissemination of 3rd health programme information and tools, support of national and regional affordability advocacy efforts and provision of capacity building activities. Eventually, objective III includes ensuring topic-related sub-network cooperation, overall governance by the AAE Steering Committee and implementation, monitoring, evaluation, follow-up and fundraising for the work programme. Herewith we will continue focusing on the following six core thematic areas identified by our members and partners:
- Tackling legal barriers in the response to HIV, TB and hepatitis
- Criminalisation of HIV non-disclosure, exposure and transmission
- Tackling stigma and discrimination