Second Programme of Community action in the Field of Health 2008-2013
CHILD - Combating Health Inequalities in Life-threatening Diseases [Bridges for CHILD]
The main objective of the conference is to create a platform for a multi-professional, inter-and trans-disciplinary group of stakeholders with diverse experiences and perspectives on health inequaliti...
The main objective of the conference is to create a platform for a multi-professional, inter-and trans-disciplinary group of stakeholders with diverse experiences and perspectives on health inequalities in the treatment of children with major organ diseases. Prospective participants from old and new MS, candidate MS and Western Balkan countries will be actively invited if they are either actively involved into the high-end care of those severely sick children or passively afflicted by the respective inequalities. By involving highly qualified and experienced people in all areas concerned the conference holder will also be able to ensure overall coverage of matters related to structure, funding and policies.
The conference is intended
- to raise awareness about the extent and consequences of health inequalities and heighten political attention for the different life-expectancy of children with major organ disease
- to identify and spread good practices in high-end care for children with major organ disease by presenting selected best practice examples to the participants and further putting them into practice within the conference working groups
- to articulate and critically reflect existing health inequalities in the field of childhood major organ disease, to provide a list of inequalities and to prioritize them and finally to translate the most striking inequalities into a conference list for urgent actions so to help bridging these differences
- to link existing projects and groups to support and facilitate both local high-end care for children with major organ disease and the access to cross-border health-care, by implementation of a partnering system at the conference
- to foster task forces for future specific European interdisciplinary network projects tackling inequalities in health
To facilitate dialogue within a group of stakeholders with diverse professional and cultural background the conference is designed following the basic model of the "Future Search Method". The conference itself, by providing a multi-professional, inter-and trans-disciplinary platform, is intended as a start for subsequent projects, all of them with the objective to reduce health inequalities in the treatment of children with major organ diseases in new MS, candidate MS and Western Balkan countries.
Start date: 17/11/2011 - End date: 17/11/2012
Call: Promote Health (Hp-2010)