Second Programme of Community action in the Field of Health 2008-2013
Public Health Innovation and Research in Europe [PHIRE]
The general objective of PHIRE is to contribute to the improvement of public health knowledge and practice across the European Union by assessing the uptake and impact of the first Public Health Progr...
The general objective of PHIRE is to contribute to the improvement of public health knowledge and practice across the European Union by assessing the uptake and impact of the first Public Health Programme (PHP), and by structuring information on public health research and innovation.
PHIRE will make a judgement on the impact in terms of effectiveness, relevance, sustainability and acceptability of the public health programme and propose recommendations for improved effectiveness of current and future health programmes.
The specific objectives are:
1. To characterise six public health actions developed within the first PHP;
2. To determine the uptake of these actions across Europe;
3. To provide an integrated report comparing uptake of actions in different fields;
4. To create a database on national programmes of public health research and innovation;
5. To provide an integrated report on national uptakes of innovation and research
6. To improve collaboration, information sharing and communication among public health researchers and stakeholders by holding two platform meetings.
Start date: 01/09/2010 - End date: 01/03/2013
Call: Promote Health (Hp-2009)
Topic: Quality evaluation