Second Programme of Community action in the Field of Health 2008-2013
The European Multiple Sclerosis Platform Work Plan 2009 [EMSP Work Plan 2009]
Multiple Sclerosis (MS) is an unpredictable and progressive disease of the central nervous system affecting the quality of life of more than 500.000 Persons with MS, their families and their carers ...
Multiple Sclerosis (MS) is an unpredictable and progressive disease of the central nervous system affecting the quality of life of more than 500.000 Persons with MS, their families and their carers across Europe. To date, no cure has been found for this complex, chronic and disabling condition.
The European Multiple Sclerosis Platform (EMSP) is the Pan European association working for and with more than 30 MS national member associations / organisations to achieve its goals. Being part of a worldwide community of Persons with MS (PwMS), we are committed to dialogue with, respect for and collaboration with other stakeholders in the field of MS, particularly the Multiple Sclerosis International Federation (MSIF).
Throughout Europe, Persons with MS have equal access to the highest quality treatment and support they need to live their lives to the full.
...is to ensure the development and implementation of high quality standards of treatment and support for PwMS, their families and their carers throughout Europe, to allow them to lead their life independently and to recognise them as equal members of society.
The EMSP work priorities to achieve this mission are:
- to influence EU institutions and other decision-making bodies to improve the quality of life of PwMS
- to network with other European organizations in which the patient is central
- to provide MS member associations with information on relevant EU draft legislation and projects
- to develop and promote recommendations for improved medical treatment and rehabilitation to be implemented in the EU member states and other countries
- to encourage research of all kinds aiming at the benefit of PwMS
- to initiate and implement cross-border projects to improve the living conditions of PwMS, e.g. in the fields of therapies, employment, social security, infrastructure…
- to act as an information platform by exchanging information and best practices relevant to the work of the national MS member associations
- to enhance a general awareness on multiple sclerosis by informing and educating external audiences
- to support national MS societies both recent or long-established in Europe
Start date: 01/01/2009 - End date: 01/01/2010
Call: Generate And Disseminate Health Information And Knowledge (Hi-2008)