First Programme of Community action in the field of public health (2003-2008)
EU Public Health Outcome Research and Indicators Collection [EUPHORIC]
This multi-disciplinary project is oriented to policy authorities and policy makers and aims to build a consortium of participating countries in order to: cooperate on benchmarking of the outcomes of ...
This multi-disciplinary project is oriented to policy authorities and policy makers and aims to build a consortium of participating countries in order to: cooperate on benchmarking of the outcomes of selected health performances; exchange information on quality standards, best practice and effectiveness in public health, by developing and maintaining EU networks; verify the hypothesis that the possibility of developing common outcome indicators in Europe exists; identify common EU elements suitable for a political EU platform oriented at best practice guarantees for the EU citizens.
Specific aims of the proposed project are to: • collect detailed information on health outcome indicators;
• develop a standardised methodology;
• assess quality of care of selected health procedures;
• provide objective, transparent, high quality and standardised information easy accessible to users (doctors, health staff, health administrative, decision makers, policy makers, EU people);
• provide assistance to EU countries for the development and implementation of a common monitoring system of standardised outcome indicators in the prospective of a common public health planning in Europe;
• investigate validity of routinely collected data;
• create an inventory of reference structures for the procedures whose outcomes are evaluated in the project itself.
The study hopes to involve all the EU Member States and applicant Countries. All the EU countries, even those not yet included in the project, will be invited to participate. The project aims to bring together activities undertaken in relative isolation and complement them to achieve positive results for the people of the Community, contributing to the strengthening of solidarity and cohesion in the Community. The project may provide the opportunity to further develop the citizens` dimension of Community health policy. The project is developed on the basis of a three years plan.
Start date: 15/12/2004 - End date: 15/12/2008
Call: Health Information (Hi 2003)