To act as a European forum to invest in school health promotion in Europe by strengthening synergies through common actions.
• The conference will bring together health and education professionals, reseachers, policy makers, stakeholders, non-governmental organisations, youth organisations to exchange experience and good practice.
• The conference will contribute to the process of collecting and consolidating the evidence base for school health promotion.
• The conference will offer the opportunity to examine variations in national and regional policies, strategies and models of good practice in school health promotion among the EU member states and other SHE member states.
• The conference will identify existing, but less developed areas, including the links between health promotion and sustainable development.
• The conference will contribute to better visibility and further development of the SHE network and provide recommendations to the international and national communities.
• SHE co-ordinators will use and disseminate the conference deliverables.
• The conference will focus on the promotion of mental health in the school setting and build on the European Mental Health Pact.
• The 43 SHE national coordinators from all EU member states and the Eastern European and Central Asian Member States.
• Policy makers at national, regional and municipal level.
• Researches and evaluators in the area of school health promotion, mental health, sustainable development, education research and related fields.
• Professionals from the health and education sector (both from formal and non-formal education sector).
• Representatives from school doctors and school nurses organizations, sport and physical activity organizations and related areas.
• Representatives from youth organizations, parent’s organizations and teachers organizations, non-governmental organizations.
• Specialists working with disadvantaged and/or socialy marginalized young people and ethnic minorities.
BETTER SCHOOLS THROUGH HEALTH: THE THIRD EUROPEAN CONFERENCE ON SCHOOL HEALTH PROMOTION
Vilnius, Lithuania, 15-17 June 2009
Monday, 15 June
8.00 - 9.00 Registration
9.00 – 9.30 Opening ceremony
9.30 ¬– 10.00 Coffee/Tee break
10.00 – 12.00 Morning session
10.00 – 11.00 Plenary session:
Theme 1. Effectiveness and evidences of school health promotion
Keynote speakers (Prof. Lawrence St. Leger, prof. Sarah Stewart-Brown, to be confirmed)
11.00 – 12.00 Theme 2. Policies and strategies for school health promotion
Keynote speakers (Mr. Charles Price, EU; speaker from EU DG Sanco, to be confirmed)
12.00 – 13.30 Lunch
13.30 – 17.00
Afternoon session (including coffee break 15.00 –15.30)
13.30 – 16.00 Focus sessions on:
Political agenda (Round table discussion) Research agenda Good practice agenda Children and young people workshop
16.00 ¬– 17.00 Posters session
18.30 Social event (welcome reception)
Tuesday, 16 June
9.00 ¬– 9.30 Review of day 1
9.30 ¬– 12.00 Morning session & Children and young people workshop (cont.)
9.30 ¬– 10.30 Plenary session:
Theme 3. School health promotion and education for sustainable development
Keynote speakers (Assoc. prof. Laima Galkute, Vilnius university, Lithuania, to be confirmed) Children and young people workshop (cont.)
10.30 ¬– 11.00 Coffee/Tee break
11.00 ¬– 12.00 Plenary session:
Theme 4. New challenges for school health promotion
Keynote speakers (to be confirmed) Children and young people workshop (cont.)
12.00 – 13.30 Lunch
13.30 –15.00 Afternoon session
13.30 – 15.00 Focus sessions on:
Research agenda on school health promotion Good practice agenda Children and young people workshop (cont.)
15.30 –18.00 Site visits
19.30 – Conference dinner
Wednesday, 17 June
9.00 - 9.30 Review of day 2
9.30 - 12.00 Morning session
9.30 - 10.30 Panel session 1
Theme: Professional capacity building on school health promotion
Moderator: Prof. Didier Jourdan, University Blaise Pascal, France (to be confirmed)
10.30 - 11.00 Coffee/Tee break
11.00 - 12.00 Panel session 2
Theme: Schools as part of their community
Moderator (to be confirmed)
12.00 - 13.30 Lunch
13.30 - 16.30 Afternoon session
13.30 - 14.15 Panel session 3 (with participation of children and youth)
Moderator: prof. Bjarne Bruun Jensen, Danish University of Education (to be confirmed)
14.15 - 15.00 Posters session (including Coffee/Tea break)
15.00 - 16.00 Conference Resolution
16.00 - 16.30 Closing ceremony