The mission of SANL is:
- to stimulate and enhance the scale and the quality of the Dutch contribution to the national and international response to HIV/AIDS and other STIs
- to stimulate and enhance the scale and the quality of the Dutch contribution to the care and support for people living with HIV (PLHIV) or other STIs.
In a field where more parties are active, SANL unites, stimulates joint vision and facilitates fine-tuning and collaboration. AAE plays this role on the European level and thus fits well into the overall goals and activities of SANL.
AIDS Action Europe’s mission is to unite civil society to work towards a more effective response to the HIV epidemic in Europe. We strive for better protection of human rights and universal access to prevention, treatment, care and support.
As regional office of ICASO, AAE is part of ICASO’s mission to mobilize and support diverse community organizations to build an effective global response to HIV and AIDS. This is done within a vision of a world where people living with and affected by HIV and AIDS can enjoy life free from stigma, discrimination, and persecution, and have access to prevention, treatment and care.
Objective 1: To enable NGOs to make an effective and meaningful contribution to European HIV/AIDS policies.
Specific activities: co-chairing of the EU HIV/AIDS Civil Society Forum (CSF), connecting to the EU HIV/AIDS Think Tank (TT), involvement in development of new EU HIV/AIDS policy and in key European events.
Objective 2: To facilitate continuous exchange among NGOs on good practices and lessons learned related to HIV and AIDS
Specific activities: maintenance and promotion of Clearinghouse database and provision of platform for dissemination for other European networks and projects
Objective 3: To manage effectively the work programme and network
Specific activities: overall governance by AAE Steering Committee (SC) & programme implementation by Amsterdam office (manager, communication officer, assistant, IT specialist & financial officer).
- Improved impact of CSF on European HIV/AIDS policy development
- New EC policy includes key concerns from civil society
- Meaningful involvement civil society in key European public health stakeholder meetings that include HIV
- NGOs are better informed about and make more use of existing materials in clearinghouse
- Clearinghouse is used more actively and by wider audience for dissemination
- Clearinghouse is improved
- EPAA project materials are promoted among European NGOs and networks
- Effective & efficient management of AAE network
- Optimal communication between AAE SC, offices and members