Schools for Health in Europe Network Foundation (SHE) has as an overall mission to make every school a health promoting school. Through its activities in the currently 40 SHE member countries in the European region, SHE encourages each country to further develop and implement national policies that contribute to the good health and well-being of all children and young people.
The operational objectives are:
1. Organizing a two-day SHE assembly meeting for the SHE members.
2. Maintaining the SHE helpdesk.
3. Sharing information about school health promotion.
4. Encouraging regions and countries in EU Member States to join SHE and encouraging SHE members to initiate innovative regional and cross-border cooperation.
5. Collaborating with external organisations and networks.
6. Organising a capacity building workshop for SHE members.
7. Developing and implementing teacher’s materials
8. Developing and implementing of Health Promoting School standards + indicators, version 2.0.
9. Promoting school twinning.
10. Implementing the SHE School Manual, version 2.0.
11. Organising a SHE academy on theory, research and practice of school health promotion.
12. Further improving the visibility, accessibility and quality of the new SHE website.
13. Developing communication materials to increase SHE visibility and access to evidence-based information on school health promotion.
14. Representing SHE at European/ international conferences for advocacy on school health promotion.
15. Coordinating the activities of the SHE Research Group.
16. Mapping the development and implementation of school health promotion in the EU Member States.